- Only University of Florida budgeted Graduate Faculty (tenured or untenured) who supervise doctoral dissertations are eligible.
- Faculty must actively support graduate education through teaching, service on graduate committees and sponsorship of student research and scholarship.
- As verified in GIMS, the nominee must have graduated (served as committee chair or co-chair) at least one doctoral student during the preceding year (Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020) AND must have graduated (served as committee chair or co-chair) at least two additional students with dissertation degrees in the past five years (Fall 2015 through Summer 2020, inclusively).
- Nominations for Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Awards will be accepted from graduate students, former graduate students, faculty members, department chairs, graduate coordinators, and higher-level administrators. Individual faculty members may not nominate themselves.
- Individuals who receive a Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Award during the previous three years are not eligible.