- Only University of Florida budgeted Graduate Faculty (tenured or untenured) who supervise doctoral dissertations are eligible.
- Faculty must actively support graduate education through teaching, service on graduate committees and sponsorship of student research and scholarship.
- As verified in GIMS, the nominee must have graduated (served as committee chair or co-chair) at least one doctoral student during the preceding year (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022) AND must have graduated (served as committee chair or co-chair) at least two additional students with dissertation degrees in the past five years (Fall 2017 through Summer 2022, inclusively).
- Nominations for Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Awards will be accepted from graduate students, former graduate students, faculty members, department chairs, graduate coordinators, and higher-level administrators. Individual faculty members may not nominate themselves.
- Individuals who receive a Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Award during the previous three years are not eligible.
Faculty Doctoral Mentoring Award Nomination Form
The deadline for submitting nominations is Tuesday, November 8. The nomination must be supported by at least two (maximum of three) letters of support from current or former graduate students of the nominee. One of these letters of support must come from a former doctoral student of the nominee. The letters of support should be submitted no later than Tuesday, November 8. Click here to submit letters of support after you have completed the form below.
Faculty Doctoral Mentor Award Nomination
"*" indicates required fields