Beer and Wine
- Swamphead Brewery – This local brewery has a large selection of beers made right in the facility. It is a cool, casual environment to meet up with some friends. You can even bring your dog! They give brewery tours once a week and also have made many events with food trucks and entertainment.
- First Magnitude Brewing – Another local brewery, this one is located more towards the downtown area. They also have a food truck schedule with different food trucks visiting regularly. Events
(such as trivia, yoga, and live music) are held here regularly as well.
- World of Beer– They serve a wide variety of beer and offer a number of different events like trivia and bingo nights.
- Gainesville House of Beer– Located right in the heart of downtown, GHOB is a craft beer bar that pours 40 taps of delicious micro brews and select imports. Well-known for hosting brewery tap takeovers, this is a great place to geek out on beer or get your bearings as a beginner to craft beer.
- Hop Top Lounge – Located not far from campus on SW 16th street behind the CVS. Its a small place with a great selection of craft beers and a great place to catch a game or just socialize with friends.
Midtown- Runs along University Avenue near campus and is filled with all different types of bars, clubs, and restaurants.
- The Swamp restaurant – This is a staple at UF. They serve food and drinks. Many people hang there to watch football games.
- Grog House – If you like to dance, they have a great playlist of music from the 90’s and early 2000’s.
- Envy – More of a club-like atmosphere and is connected to Gator City, a bar with pool and other games.
- Mother’s Pub & Grill – Casual Irish-themed space with a patio as well as a familiar menu of burgers & other bar food.
- The Social – This lively sports bar with a rooftop terrace offers a pub-grub menu & plenty of brews on tap. Watch the game or socialize with friends.
Downtown- Many students find downtown to be a fun place to go on a Friday or Saturday night.
- The Top – the classic Gainesville experience, a place to bring your parents for lunch by day, and a bar where people know your name by night. You’ll see everyone in town here at one time or another. Huge draft beer selection and tons of creative cocktails.
- The Bull – Craft beer, good wine, and good ambiance. Acoustic performances every Friday.
- Boca Fiesta – A hipster paradise with cheap tacos, amazing made-from-scratch cocktails, outdoor bar with live music, and an attached pool hall. Tattoos galore.
- The Midnight – A quiet homey scene with lots of board games and cheap beers.
- Maude’s – A beloved local coffee shop mostly, but they offer a few beers and a nice relaxing place to chat with friends.
- Mark’s Prime – A pricey steakhouse, but their bustling happy hour is always a good place for a few swanky cocktails.